News Flash Home
The original item was published from 6/12/2020 1:40:00 PM to 8/1/2020 12:00:09 AM.
1 Dover Town News
Posted on: June 12, 2020
[ARCHIVED] 06.12.2020 Town Update: Outdoor Town Meeting, Upcoming Town Election and Re-Opening Updates
Visit Our Dover COVID-19 Communication Page...
Good Afternoon Dover Community,
New Announcements for the Week:
- Cases in Dover. Our Emergency Response team is reporting no new cases this week, with total cases remaining at 18. Case information as reported by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) can be found here: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-response-reporting#covid-19-cases-by-city/town-
- Town Meeting. Town Meeting has been scheduled for June 29 at 11AM at the Dover Sherborn Regional Football field. Only financial articles that are necessary to the ongoing operations of the town will be considered. The Town, through state legislation, has reduced its quorum requirement to assist in providing a safe meeting for those who wish to attend. Everything you need to know about this year’s Town Meeting can be found on the Town’s Town Meeting website here: https://ma-dover.civicplus.com/453/Town-Meeting
- Annual Town Election. The Annual Town Election will be held on June 15, 2020. Masks should be worn by those voting in person.
- Trustees’ Properties. Yesterday, The Trustees reopened Powisset Farm. Parking lots for Trustees’ Properties are open for vehicle use and signs are posted reminding visitors of proper COVID protocol when using the trails.
- Transfer Station Changes. The Dover Board of Health has approved re-opening the book and textile bins at the transfer station effective June 17. Recycling containers will only be available only at the Transfer Station.
Signs will inform residents of the appropriate safety procedures to follow at the book and textile bins. The Transfer Station requires face masks for all residents to protect the staff and other residents and has preventive measures in place to promote social distancing.
Areas that currently remain closed are the Swap Shop, Furniture Shed and Deposit Trailer.
- COVID-19 Testing. The Town strongly encourages people who are concerned that they may have symptoms of COVID-19 to arrange to be tested through their primary care providers. If someone has a COVID swab test (PCR) that is positive, the provider who ordered the test will follow up, and the Dover Public Health nurse will also call to discuss isolation and quarantine in the home, as well as give advice about managing symptoms and, if needed, help arrange for groceries and other supplies. Some people have chosen to have coronavirus antibody blood tests performed. The role of antibody tests isn’t entirely clear yet, as they may indicate past infection, but they may also indicate active infection.
- The Town was notified by Colonial Water last night that e.coli has been found in the Colonial Water water supply. Residents on the Colonial Water system should boil their water before using. More information regarding this notification, steps to take, and contact information can be found on Colonial Water’s website here: https://colonialwatercompany.com/uploads/files/Colonial_Public_Notice_06112020.pdf?v=1591913924275.
- The Town, through its new website, publishes these types of notifications as they are received. To receive automatic updates from the Town, please consider signing up here: http://doverma.org/list.aspx
- Travel Notification Requirements. Anyone traveling to Massachusetts should self quarantine for fourteen days. Additionally, the Dover Board of Health requires that all travelers coming to and staying in Dover notify the Board of Health via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Social Distancing. Continues to be one of the most important things you can do at the moment to help stop the spread of the virus. Please continue to follow these practices and if you need a reminder, you can read them here: http://doverma.org/covid-19/.
- Town Buildings & Transfer Station. Town buildings remain closed to the public. The Transfer Station is open with preventative measures in place to promote social distancing.
- Library Services. The library continues to provide online resources for individuals. More information on how to access these services can be found here: http://www.dovertownlibrary.org
- Daily Updates. We regularly share videos, images, and other information on the town’s social media accounts. Follow us at https://twitter.com/TownDover and https://www.facebook.com/townofdovermass/.
- Email Updates. We have created an enrollment form for individuals interested in receiving email updates from the Town. If you presently receive these COVID emails or emails from My Senior Center, you do not need to resubmit your information. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfNpzyjF2nb7d-feVpzkko_wmA4p6765UhFCT0VzB4mDro2mQ/viewform
As always, anyone needing assistance should call 508-315-5734 or submit a request online via our online form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScnkRAzhJdxVhAWzlcbtLnuNvmRoIyLXoXFQnJkau-cYZjA7A/viewform
Stay safe and stay healthy
Town of Dover
View Dover Town News