Open Burn Permits
Open Burning Current Status:
OK TO BURN
Dover Open Burning 2021 Guidelines & Procedures
Permits are available online for open burning during the time period below and if the above status reflects OPEN. During the open burning dates, it is determined by public safety whether or not they must close the option due to weather or other factors. Check the status on this page daily.
January 15 - May 1, 2021 from 10am - 4pm only
Previously, burning permits were available beginning at 7:30 AM. The time change was necessary to comply with Massachusetts Department of Environment Protection air quality regulations.
You are required to have read the following information before submitting your Open Burn Permit form below.
You are also required to fill out a new permit form for EACH AND EVERY DAY you will be burning during the available burn period.
Once you have your Open Burning Permit, it allows you to burn:
- Agriculture-related materials
- Agricultural land clearing
- Forestry debris
- Fungus-infected Elmwood
Under the following conditions:
- Activate DAILY your permit on the Dover PD website before burning to be sure air quality conditions are acceptable for burning (Activate your Permit here) - link
- Burning only between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm, January 15-May 1, 2021
- Burning required to be at least 75 feet away from all buildings
- Must have a hose or water source nearby to extinguish the fire
- Review State Burning Regulations before burning: https://www.mass.gov/service-details/open-burning-safety
Burning of the following is prohibited statewide:
- Brush, trees, cane, and driftwood from commercial and institutional land clearing operations
- Burning at landfills or refuse disposal facilities other than approved sites
- Stacking, or storing combustible material in a way that the Fire Department may presume that it will be burned, for example, Grass, Hay, Leaves, Stumps, Tires
*Remember-Daily activation required. Submit a new form for each and every day you plan to burn during the available burn dates.