The Town of Dover Highway Department, in collaboration with the Dover Recycling Committee, seeks to provide free and convenient disposal of household waste while encouraging the removal of compostable and recyclable materials.
We encourage all residents to commit themselves to realizing the impact on our environment. It is only through a collaborative effort that we will achieve this goal. Detailed information on Transfer Station policies and procedures can be found here and below.
Access to the Transfer Station
Dover residents may bring trash and recyclable materials to the Transfer Station once they have obtained a current sticker [no charge]. Transfer Station Sticker Application Stickers are available at the Town Garage (2 Dedham Street) Monday through Friday between 12 pm and 5 pm or you can get them directly at the Transfer Station.
You can also fill out our Transfer Station Vehicle Sticker Request Form either electronically or print and send in. Click on the Eligibility & Instructions tab for requirements & guidance on obtaining your sticker and to fill out the Transfer Station Vehicle Sticker Request Form.
Access to the Transfer Station is limited to vehicles with a valid sticker issued by the Town. Stickers must be affixed on the lower driver-side windshield and must include the license plate # of the vehicle. Please see Eligibility & Instructions to obtain a sticker below.
Vehicles eligible for a sticker must be owned or leased by a Dover resident
- Proof of ownership or lease must be substantiated with an active vehicle registration. In cases where a vehicle is leased further documentation will be required to confirm effective ownership.
- Proof of residency may be substantiated with a valid driver's license, property tax bill, lease, utility bill or other similar documentation.
1. Complete and sign this application. Bring it to the transfer station with proof of residency and proof of ownership/lease for each vehicle.
2. Transfer Station staff will verify eligibility and vehicle information and issue stickers with vehicle plate #s added to each sticker.
3. Stickers must be permanently affixed to the lower driver-side windshield of the vehicle with the matching license plate.
4. Transfer Station Staff will remove old stickers and affix new ones as needed.
5. Additional copies of the Transfer Station Vehicle Sticker Request form are available at the Town Garage, the Transfer Station and via the links below.
Massachusetts Law Prohibits Recyclables in Trash, Please Separate Your Recyclables
Review this calendar of events.
Find information about the different containers for recycling.
Learn how to get involved.
Dover collaborates with nine other local communities to facilitate for the safe and sustainable disposal of household hazardous waste.
view the general policies and procedures for the Dover Transfer Station including solid waste and recycling information.
Check out lists of recycling and re-use alternatives.
Discover websites with recycling information.
Every effort should be made to recycle, re-use and compost whenever possible.
Your cast-offs may be someone else’s treasure.
Compostable Yard Waste such as leaves, flowers and grass clippings should be placed in the composting area of the Transfer Station.