The Town Clerk handles the recording and preservation of vital records, including:
- CODES of the Town of Dover (formerly called By-Laws);
- Birth, death, marriage certificates;
- Board of Appeals filings
The Town Clerk’s responsibilities also include:
- Certification of candidates’ nomination papers;
- Supervision of voter registration;
- Conduct of all elections (Town, State, Federal);
- Issuing of absentee ballots;
- Recording the annual town census, jury list, and street list;
- Posting notification of all meetings of all town governmental bodies, and keeping of the resulting meeting minutes thereof;
- Town Meeting Minutes;
- Certification of all actions voted at Town Meetings (The Town Clerk
forwards these to the Attorney General’s Office of the Secretary of
the Commonwealth, and Department of Taxation for approval);
Responsibilities also include issuing of state licenses and permits including:
- Marriage Licenses;
- Permits for Raffles and Bazaars
Responsibilities also include issuing of Local Licenses including:
- Business Certificates;
- Dog Licenses;
- Fuel Storage Permits
Contacting the Town Clerk
Mon, Wed, Fri: 9 AM to 1 PM
Tues, Thurs: 9 AM to 4 PM
Office Location: 2nd Floor of the Town House, 5 Springdale Ave.
|Town Clerk||Felicia Hoffman, Elected to a 3-year term (Term expires June, 2017)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Assistant to the Town Clerk||Beth McGuireemail@example.com|
Constables enforce election laws.
|Constable||William H. Herd||2019|
|Constable||Andre G. Boudreau||2019|
Dover Town Code Description of Responsibilities
§ 4-9. Term of office; bond; powers and duties from the Town Code.
There shall be a Town Clerk elected for a three-year term. The Town Clerk shall annually take a census of the Town as of January 1. The Town Clerk’s duties and authority shall include, but shall not be limited to, those specified in M.G.L. ch. 41, §§ 1, 13, 15.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get an Absentee Ballot?
How do I obtain a Birth Certificate?
How do I obtain a Business Certificate?
How do I obtain a Death Certificate?
How do I obtain a Dog License?
What is the Form of Government in Dover?
How do I obtain a Marriage Certificate?
How do I obtain a Marriage License?
How do I obtain a Raffle Permit?
How and when and where do I Register to Vote?
What is the Town Meeting all about, and when and where does it take place?
How do I file a Uniform Commercial Code?
How and when and where do I vote?