Town Meeting Warrant
A warrant is a document issued by the Board of Selectmen to call a town meeting.
Warrants essentially list an agenda of items called articles to be voted on by those present. Items on the agenda can vary significantly, from the annual operating budget of the town to adjustment of by-laws.
In Massachusetts, residents may place articles on the warrant without approval of the Selectmen by petitioning to insert the article. Petitions to insert an article on the warrant for an Annual Town Meeting require ten signatures of eligible Dover voters. Petitions to insert an article on the warrant for a Special Town Meeting require 100 signatures or the signatures of ten per cent of the registered voters in the town, whichever is less. The Warrant for the Annual Town Meeting is usually open for acceptance of articles in early December and closes in late January. Please call the Selectmen’s Office for more information.
Town Meeting Warrants:
The Annual Town Meeting is held on the first Monday of May.
- May 2, 2016
- February 22, 2016
- May 4th, 2015
- September 15th, 2014
- May 5th, 2014
- May 6th, 2013
- May 7th, 2012
- May 2nd, 2011
- May 3rd, 2010
- May 4th, 2009
- May 5th, 2008
Town Meeting Results
- 2016 Annual Town Meeting Results — Powerpoints shown during 2016 Town Meeting
- 2/22/16 Special Town Meeting Results: Art 1: yes, Art 2: no, Art 3: dismissed. — Powerpoint shown during STM.
- 2015 Annual Town Meeting Results — Powerpoints shown during 2015 Town Meeting
- 2014 September Special Town Meeting Results: Article 1 and 2 both passed. — Powerpoints shown during 2014 Special Town Meeting
- 2014 Annual Town Meeting Results — Powerpoints shown during 2014 Town Meeting
- 2013 Annual Town Meeting Results — Powerpoints shown during 2013 Town Meeting
- 2012 AnnualTown Meeting Results — Powerpoints shown during 2012 Town Meeting
- 2011 Annual Town Meeting Results
- 2009 Annual Town Meeting Results (Articles 1-8)
- 2009 Annual Town Meeting Results (Articles 9-24)