Rail Trail Committee
The Dover Rail Trail Committee is an ad-hoc committee formed by the Dover Board of Selectmen in 2011. Its role is to develop a recommendation for the conversion of the Dover section of the Bay Colony rail bed into a recreational trail by working with all relevant boards, committees and departments in Dover, and coordinating activities with the efforts of Needham and Medfield.
The final product should be a thorough report presenting a balanced discussion of the pros/cons of the conversion and suggested policies for all issues which must be addressed.
- A draft for the RTC’s Feasibility Study has been developed (updated 5/5/2013). The Committee welcomes your thoughts and questions on the Feasibility Study. Please direct inquiries to the committee using the Chair’s email address, email@example.com.
- Powerpoint shown at 2013 Warrant Committee Open Hearing, March 18th.
- In preparation for the May 7, 2012 Town Meeting the following letter was sent to the local news outlets: Rail Trail Committee response letter from RTC 4-2012
- 2012 Town Meeting Powerpoint
- 7/22/2012 Boston Globe article about MBTA authorizing leases for Rail Trail
- EcoTec Site Walk Summary
Contacting the Rail Trail Committee
The Committee welcomes your thoughts and questions. Please direct inquiries to the committee using the Chair’s email address listed in the table below.
Join Our Email List
|The Rail Trail Committee would like to email you updates. Please join the email list if you’d like to keep up on the Rail Trail Committee’s activities.||
|Or Scan the following QR code with your phone to join our email list with your phone:||