The Personnel Bylaw established a Personnel Board composed of five (5) members. The Board of Selectmen appoint three members of the personnel board, the Town Moderator appoints one member, and the Warrant Committee appoints one member. The Town Administrator serves as the ex officio member of the personnel board.
It is the general purpose of and intent of the Personnel Board to establish, maintain, and administer a system of personnel administration based on merit principles that promotes a uniform, fair, and efficient application of personnel policies. The intent is to provide a method of recruitment, selection and development of a workforce that is skilled and effective in accomplishing the service delivery missions of the Town. To this end, it is the goal of the Personnel Board, with the support and assistance of the Town Administrator, to:
- adopt, maintain and administer personnel rules and regulations;
- adopt and maintain a centralized personnel recordkeeping system;
- oversee actions and policies concerning recruitment and appointment;
- develop and maintain a classification and compensation plan, and a performance appraisal system;
- adopt wage and salary administration regulations;
- enforce the provisions of the personnel systems, rules and regulations;
- make final recommendations to the Selectmen for all personnel issues concerning all employees not covered by a collective bargaining agreement; and
- conduct other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the proper functioning of these personnel rules and regulations.
Contacting the Board
P.O. Box 250
Dover, MA 02030
||Email If you would like to reach a member of the Personnel Board please copy your email to email@example.com as it may not be read for some time otherwise.
|Chair (Warrant Comm.)||Mary Carriganfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member (Moderator)||Juris Alksnitisemail@example.com|
|Selectmen’s Liaison||Robyn Hunter||2016|
|Ex-Officio||David W. Ramsay||Open|
Personnel Rules Ombudsmen
|Affirmative Action Officer||David Ramsay|
Dover Town Code Description of Responsibilities
Dover Town Code
There shall be a five-member Personnel Board which shall be appointed and shall have duties and authority in accordance with Chapter 44 of the Dover Code.