Financial & Energy Assistance Coordinator
The Financial & Energy Assistance Coordinator is appointed by the Board of Selectmen. Responsibilities include:
- Provides information about federal, state, and local energy assistance to persons experiencing financial hardship meeting their energy needs.
- Attends a 4-hour workshop every October, held in Framingham. The purpose of this workshop is to receive the necessary applications for the S.M.O.C. program. This is a state funded program for energy needs (fuel assistance) and has very strict guidelines to which all clients must adhere.
- Meets with the Salvation Army to receive forms and applications for food vouchers. The Salvation Army provides Holiday Dinners for those in need through the Energy Coordinator.
- Drives clients to Welfare and Social Security for benefit evaluation as the need arises.
- Provides answers to questions regarding energy assistance and other concerns relating to financial hardship.
Contacting the Financial & Energy Assistance Coordinator
|Financial & Energy Assistance Coordinator||Erika Lert||2016|
The Financial & Energy Asisstance Coordinator can meet privately with an applicant. Please contact the Coordinator as detailed above.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get any help with my utility bills?
Is this strictly confidential?
How long will it take to receive any help?
It is a step by step process.