Dover’s Annual Town Election was held on Monday, May 16, 2016, in the Great Hall of the Town House. 2016-Annual-Town-Election-Results
Dover’s Memorial Day Observation will be held on Monday, May 30 at 4:00 pm, at the Dover Town House. It will be held outside on the Springdale Avenue side of the Town House. In case of inclement weather, it will be held in the Great Hall.
Please be advised that the Norfolk County Mosquito Control District will begin the 2016 late evening ULV aerosol applications on or about May 31, weather permitting.
May 31 through September 29, 2016 – Adulticide aerosol (ULV) applications.
(Conducted between sunset and midnight, Monday through Thursday)
Please note that the ULV map will be posted on or about 3:30 p.m. the day of the scheduled application. Residents may also contact the following number 617-582-6216 after 3:30 P.M. the day of the scheduled treatment to receive information detailing the streets/areas to be treated in the town.
- Sensitive Documents / Personal Information – Shred and recycle all of your documents with sensitive information… SATURDAY JUNE 4th, 9AM-12PM (Dover Transfer Station)
- Rigid Plastics, Bicycles, Tires – SATURDAY JUNE 4th, All Day (Dover Transfer Station)
- Mattresses & Box Springs – WED, SAT AND SUNDAY, JUNE 1st, 4th and 5th, All Day (Dover Transfer Station)
At its meeting of May 9, 2016, the Planning Board voted to conditionally approve the site plan for the proposed Dunkin Donuts. Among the key conditions of the site plan approval are the following:
- The two signs must conform to the sign bylaw as to size and shall use gold lettering in lieu of standard Dunkin Donuts colors. The roof sign shall have a black background and the building sign on the front façade shall have a brown background compatible with the color of the building.
- The building trim and any awnings shall be a muted orange (such as “rhumba orange”) rather than the standard Dunkin Donuts orange.
- Traffic mitigation measures as recommended by the Police Chief, Superintendent of Streets and Town Engineer shall be implemented (and illustrated on a final site plan submittal).
- Traffic and safety issues shall be reviewed by the Police Chief, Superintendent of Streets and Town Engineer within 6-8 months following an occupancy permit, and adjustments shall be made as deemed necessary by the Planning Board.
- Operating hours are limited to 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
- Deliveries shall be limited to outside rush hours, and once daily for food and beverages and once weekly for supplies.
The complete decision as well as other related materials are posted here.