To learn more about a proposed installation of a solar photovoltaic array at Hale Reservation, click here. The Planning Board will continue the public hearing on the site plan application on July 25, 2016 at 7:30 PM.
Please join us on Saturday, August 13th at 10:30 am for a guided walk through the Medfield State Forest (mostly in Dover!) to the ‘Gates of the Charles’, across the Charles River from the Trustees’ Rocky Narrows. The walk will not be too strenuous but will be over uneven and possibly wet ground so wear appropriate footwear and bring walking sticks, binoculars and cameras. Polite dogs on leash welcome. We will stroll in misty rain to shine.
Meet at the D-S Regional Middle School parking lot by the playing fields. Second Saturday Strolls are sponsored by the Dover Open Space Committee (OSC). If you have questions, contact email@example.com
Dover COA is moving their offices from Caryl Community Center to Town Hall the week of June 20th . The COA will relocate to the Fireside Room on Lower Level of Town Hall due to the bathroom renovation at Caryl. Please check the COA calendar and website for changes in program location and schedule (fitness classes will move to Dover Legion). The COA phone number will remain the same: 508-315- 5734.
Please be advised that the Norfolk County Mosquito Control District will begin the 2016 late evening ULV aerosol applications on or about May 31, weather permitting.
May 31 through September 29, 2016 – Adulticide aerosol (ULV) applications.
(Conducted between sunset and midnight, Monday through Thursday)
Please note that the ULV map will be posted on or about 3:30 p.m. the day of the scheduled application. Residents may also contact the following number 617-582-6216 after 3:30 P.M. the day of the scheduled treatment to receive information detailing the streets/areas to be treated in the town.
At its meeting of May 9, 2016, the Planning Board voted to conditionally approve the site plan for the proposed Dunkin Donuts. Among the key conditions of the site plan approval are the following:
- The two signs must conform to the sign bylaw as to size and shall use gold lettering in lieu of standard Dunkin Donuts colors. The roof sign shall have a black background and the building sign on the front façade shall have a brown background compatible with the color of the building.
- The building trim and any awnings shall be a muted orange (such as “rhumba orange”) rather than the standard Dunkin Donuts orange.
- Traffic mitigation measures as recommended by the Police Chief, Superintendent of Streets and Town Engineer shall be implemented (and illustrated on a final site plan submittal).
- Traffic and safety issues shall be reviewed by the Police Chief, Superintendent of Streets and Town Engineer within 6-8 months following an occupancy permit, and adjustments shall be made as deemed necessary by the Planning Board.
- Operating hours are limited to 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
- Deliveries shall be limited to outside rush hours, and once daily for food and beverages and once weekly for supplies.
The Planning Board endorsed the site plan at its meeting of June 20, 2016. The complete decision as well as the final site plan and other related materials are posted here.